Determine what role and needs of the person you are requesting access for. Each internship course and section must be assigned a primary internship coordinator; this assigned faculty member will receive automatic emails sent by IRAMS and will approve student's internship applications. A person cannot fulfill multiple roles for an internship course and section.
- Primary Internship Coordinator: The primary internship coordinator is the main person responsible for the accuracy of the information in the student’s application as well as approving or denying a student’s application. Every internship course must have a primary internship coordinator assigned.
- Alternate Internship Coordinator: An alternate internship coordinator will have the same rights as the primary internship coordinator but will not receive the notification emails.
- Second Approver: The second (2nd) approver is an option if the department would like a second individual to review, edit, and approve or deny applications after the primary coordinator has approved a student’s application. Both the primary coordinator and the second approver must endorse an application before it is sent to the Internship Office for review.
- Alternate Second Approver: An alternate second approver will have the same rights as the second approver but will not receive the notification emails.
- Viewer: A viewer is able to view the information in a student’s application and the Internship Application Queue but cannot make changes, edits, or approve or deny any application.
2. In the box enter all the following information:
- Name of the person who will be receiving access.
- BYU ID # of the person receiving access.
- Net ID of the person receiving access.
- Start Date for the person to receive access.
- Position in the Department.
- Department of the courses (IE ECON, BUS M, etc)
- Class # of all the courses that the person should have access too (IE 199R, 399R, etc)
- Section # of all the courses (IE 001, 002, 003, etc.)
- End Date of the access rights (if known).
3. For any person requesting access to IRAMS they must first view the FERPA videos. Check the box to validate that the person receiving access has viewed the FERPA videos.
4. The current Department Internship Coordinator for the courses must sign the form to verify that they are aware and granting the person specified above access and rights to IRAMS.
Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to (801)422-0172, or deliver the completed form to 5435 HBLL. The Internship Office will coordinate with the Administrative Solutions Group to grant database access to the Internship Registration and Management System (IRAMS).
Once access has been granted a "Welcome New Internship Coordinator" email will be sent from the Internship Office. Training on how to use the system is also provided by appointment.
Please note that to access and view a student’s academic record (RECSUM) is granted through a separate AIM access request process. Go online to http://aimaccess.byu.edu and submit the request for Internship Coordinator Access. Your department’s information partner must approve the request before it will go to the Registrar’s Office.